February 24, 2011

Planning


In light of recent news, I have decided to change my blog background (again). I am pregnant! I am trying really hard to be positive and cheerful, as all expectant mothers are expected to feel. But I feel like crap. The only thing that makes the morning sickness a little better is eating. So I spend most of my day eating this and that. It makes me feel better for about 2 seconds, and then I feel like I am going to lose it all. So why did I spend all that time eating if I am just going to throw it all up anyway?

Morning sickness baffles me. My mom and sister never had a day of morning sickness. I spend the first 20 weeks wishing I could crawl in a hole. I am great my last trimester. I am active until I go into labor. And even then, I don't know I am in labor. "Just gas pains," I told my husband the last two births. Famous last words. I commend mothers that do natural births. They are strong women. But I tried it, and it was not pleasant. I am pretty sure everyone in the Labor and Delivery wing of the hospital heard every scream, shout, and wail.

So the baby is due in October. Hopefully, Benjamin won't have to share his birthday with a sibling. I will be finding out what it is. Mostly because if it is not a girl I will be spending the rest of my pregnancy convincing Olivia that life will go on with three brothers. I am still trying to figure out the logistics to everything. I am a planner. Maybe that is why human gestation is 40 weeks. Lots of time to plan.

No comments: