January 27, 2010

Conversation With a Toddler #2


It has already started. She is slowly becoming me, using my logic and ultimatums:

Olivia: Mom, can I get on the computer?
Me: No. Not on Sunday.
Olivia: (with one hand one her hip and the other hand pointed at me) Either you let me get on the computer or I am going to go wake Ben up from his nap.
Me: Oh young one. You are learning quickly. Soon you will have control of the force. Don't give in to the dark side.

Ok. So I didn't really say that last part. But is it really supposed to start this soon? Isn't she supposed to be mastering how to ride a bike? Oops, she'd done that. Well, isn't she supposed to be learning imaginary play? She's mastered that too. I guess all that is left is Ultimatums 101. At least she has the best teacher.

1 comment:

simpson said...

Sorry, our kids can't hang out anymore. :)